CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 2, 2012

A labor of love

When we visited Tim and Hannah earlier this fall, Hannah showed me a picture of a quilt that she was wanting for their bed.  She asked if I would be interested in making one like it for them.  Yippee!!  Of course!! 

It was a log cabin pattern with stars at the intersections of the sashing.  We went to a quilt store and Hannah chose the fabrics she wanted for it.  We also had to go to JoAnn's to get a few more fabrics.

I worked on it quite a while.  It wasn't hard, but it was very time-consuming!!!  I bought a sheet for the backing.  The quilt was 95"x 95".  It took Bill and I both to put it on the frame!  That was fun- not!  The quilting was a learning experience.  The thread kept breaking on me.  I finally realized (after watching You Tube videos on loading a quilt onto a frame) that I had the quilt stretched on their too tightly.  When I loosened the tension it did much better!  I did an allover meander.  It took an afternoon (on and off) to get it quilted, so I was thrilled!!!

Tim, Hannah, Jimmy and Jason came here for Christmas, so I gave the quilt to them then.  I do believe that they were really thrilled with it.  I got a picture from Hannah the next day showing it on their bed already!  Yea!!!  Now I just need to make some pillow shams and throw pillows...




p.s. I finished the pillow shams and pillows and sent them to Tim and Hannah.  Here is a picture of the whole thing on their bed:


And here is a picture showing a malfunction in the quilt (aka, Lucky sleeping underneath it!!  Tim says their cat just loves the quilt!!


No comments:

Post a Comment