CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Quilt

Wow!  It's been a long time since I last posted.  There's been a lot going on.  I have been sewing and have finished a couple of quilts. 

I finished a Christmas quilt for our neighbors.  Their sons mow our grass and the boys and their mother watch the cats for us when we are gone.  The cats were so appreciative that they insisted that I make a special quilt for them for Christmas... so I did!


I found these fabrics at Hobby Lobby that Ijust loved.  I used a white on white fabric as the sashing and a red for the intersecting squares.  I found a gold thread at Wandering Stitches (a quilt store in Orlando that has longarm supplies- I LOVE it!)  The thread wasn't metallic but had a sheen to it.  It showed up really nice in the quilt.  I did a freehand swirls with 2 holly leaves and three berries randomly throughtout the quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment