CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 25, 2011

T-shirt Quilt Delivered!

Today I delivered the quilt to Nancy and Shel Ferdman for their daughter, Katharine.  It was the t-shirt quilt.  I had worked on it for quite a while.  It was fun.  She had sent some really cute tees.  She chose a backing that was bright and perfect for a college student.  It was challenging quilting it, because it was such a large and heavy quilt.  Bill helped me put it on the frame.  Once on, I found that it was hard to roll the top tightly on the  bar.  One of the blocks had her letter from high school on it. It made that block so much thicker.  I ended up leaving the tension off of all the bars, just trying to keep them as taught as possible manually.  After a prayer for help, I was amazed at how well it went.  I had the whole quilt quilted in just 2 hours!!!  I meandered the whole thing, using a variated thread from Superior threads. 

Here is a close-up of the quilt, as well as showing how cute the backing was!

This quilt was so big, Bill had a hard time getting a picture of the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment