CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

T-shirt Quilt

Friday afternoon and evening I worked on cutting apart the teeshirts and ironing the interfacing to them.  I spent 6 hours on them.  I made myself a pressing board just for this task.  I covered a piece of 1/4" plywood with a quilted silver ironing board fabric that I bought at Joanns.  It worked just great for this project!

I finished putting the interfacing on the tee blocks on Sunday afternoon.  I worked all afternoon today trimming the blocks so that they all measure 14 3/4 " (I know that's a wierd measurement... I would have liked them to be smaller, but there was one tee shirt that made it necessary for that size.)  Next step... cutting the fabric to frame each block, the sashing and the intersecting squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment