CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pauline's quilt

I spent several days last week and yesterday afternoon and evening working on a quilt for a woman that works at TEA.  Her son graduated from high school and is going to University of Central Florida.  She made a beautiful quilt for him using all batiks. It is gorgeous!  She used a pattern from a Kaffe Fassett book.  She has a black batik for the backing and it's 108" wide- I love it... no seam!  I made a pantograph pattern to use, with the logo for UCF in it- a Pegasus.  It is big meandering and then the Pegasus.  I had to learn how to offset the quilting so that one row started with the Pegasus design in it and the next one started with the meandering.  Luckily for me, I found good instructions on the internet.  Now if I can just remember what to do!  :-)   I used an orange thread for the top and bobbin.  It was alot of fun.  Last night I finished it.  It really looks nice.  Hope Pauline likes it!

This shows the quilting.  Pegasus is the logo for UCF so I did continuous line quilting involving the Pegasus.

Pauline's quilt was fun working on.  I loved the batiks she chose.  Maybe some day I'll do one with batiks!

1 comment: