CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our bedspread on the frame

 The third quilt I made was actually for us, can you believe it?  I already had the top put together before I got my new machine.  I love the fabric! It's from Hobby Lobby and is brown, tan, and teal with gold metallic outlines. I had tried quilting it on the sewing machine that I had originally gotten with my new frame.  It just didn't work out.  Even though the machine had a speed control on it, my stitches were not even.  The speed control is supposed to make sure that no matter how fast or slow I am moving my machine on the frame, the stitches will all be whatever length I set them to be.  Not true with the original Babylock.  However, with my new CJ, it is beautiful!  I used a pantograph called popcorn, and a variated thread that was the same colors as the fabric!  Beautiful!  I used solid brown for the backing, so the stitching really showed up nicely!  I was amazed at how easy it was, even though the quilt is over 100" long and wide!  It took me roughly 5 1/2 hours to quilt the whole quilt!  Never could have done that without the frame!  The quilt was so heavy, it would have really been a lot of work!


The Popcorn design shows up nicely on the back







No comments:

Post a Comment